Friday, November 27, 2009

CityDance Ensemble Choreographs my Poem



Have a look at the CityDance Ensemble's choreographed performance of my poem What I don't Know at Nine.

You little beauties. Thanks to Kathryn and Jason who did such a beautiful job of choreographing and dancing an interpretation of the poem I wrote for them on Fall and Recovery.

They asked me to read part of my poem as part of the performance. In hindsight, I think the dance would have been better left alone, but I still like it. I wasn't exactly prepared to talk about the poem, as it was based on something that had happened to me personally, so it was a bit of a surprise that each writer stood up and talked about why they wrote what they wrote.

I was a bit embarrassed, said a few ums, but I'm getting used to listening to myself stumble and blush in this video. I'm sure you'll get used to it too.

Have a look. Isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment