Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If you need a laugh


It normally takes me a couple of weeks to knock off a book but if it's funny and the characters are great, I'll manage it in a couple of hours. Stop in the name of pants! is the latest in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison, and once again I fell in love with Georgia's diaries about the activities of her psychotic cat Angus, sister Libby, pseudo-love interests Robbie the sex-god, Dave the Laugh and Italian hunk Masimo.

The dialogue is fabuloso. Georgia would probably say it is a mixture of maturiosity and craposity. I don't think I've grown up because I find these books hilarious. The only disappointment was getting to the end and thinking I have to wait for eons for the next installment. The good news is that Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging has just been made into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment